For a company to achieve its endeavors, it must implement smart business models and processes. What was once an option available only to large enterprises, SAP has now made its tools available to small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through the introduction of SAP solutions for small businesses.
SAP Business One is one such solution developed specifically for small and medium sized businesses–it is an ERP solution that helps companies automate their key business processes in the financial, operations, and human resource sectors. Businesses considering these tools should be aware of the modules of SAP Business One as well as the differences between the on-cloud and on-premise versions of the software.
Why Do Businesses Need SAP on Cloud?
An intelligent enterprise brings together the strengths of people and infrastructure with the goal of establishing a foundation for innovative business practices. SAP's cloud integration and development platforms consolidate these core elements into a single platform-as-a-service (PaaS), giving companies the opportunity to build the ideal technological foundation they need to maximize business agility and responsiveness. The software integrates multiple sectors, making it easier to coordinate between financial management, purchasing, sales, distribution, customer support, inventory, and project management.
What Is the Difference Between On-Cloud Versus On-Premise SAP Software?
The main difference between the on-cloud and on-premise software is where it is located–on-premise software solutions are typically installed locally on the computers and servers owned by the business. Alternatively, cloud software is hosted on a vendor’s server, which can be accessed using a web browser.
Benefits of SAP on Cloud
SAP on cloud is an “enterprise ready” software that offers the following benefits:
- It allows seamless integration of data, applications, and processes across disparate systems.
- It brings heterogenous software solutions and hybrid system landscapes together under one roof.
- SAP ERP solutions on cloud give an organization the ability to securely store and access all data, regardless of location.
- It lowers the total cost of ownership by pooling resources.
- It helps streamline operations and increase business insight.
- It provides managed IT infrastructure with minimal investment.
- It mitigates upfront capital investments, turning them into predictable operational costs in the form of monthly subscription fees.
- It simplifies upgrades and backups.
- It comes with an improved ability to add users and capacity, so you can scale-up easily and quickly.
SAP on cloud lets you streamline your IT management while harnessing a world-class platform that easily evolves as your business grows. It offers the requisite agility, flexibility and intelligence to drive business focused innovation. SAP on cloud is ideal for companies that prefer software-as-a-service (SaaS) and the “anywhere, anytime” accessibility that cloud computing offers. With one monthly payment, you get your license, infrastructure, database, backups, and security. To learn more about on-premise to cloud migration for small businesses, please reach out to NBS–our team of experts will be happy to answer any questions you may have.